The business lawyers in ChesCo, PA located at Hoegen & Associates, P.C. have many years of experience in commercial, construction and real estate law. No matter what kind of business you’re running, Hoegen & Associates, P.C. is equipped to help you.
But what are we equipped to help you with? Let’s talk about what business lawyers do.
What Problems Do Business Owners Face
Business owners have to know what type of business they are starting, so they need to know the difference between an LLC, an S Corp and other business types. Picking the wrong type of business can be costly. They also need to have contracts in effect—from hiring employees and having them sign contracts to bringing on new clients and having those clients sign contracts. If you need waivers, or other forms, you’ll need a business lawyer in ChesCo, PA to help you draft those first drafts and figure out what you need.
What Do Business Lawyers Handle?
Business lawyers are usually able to handle a broad range of skills and business-related matters, so this will not be a full list but it should give you an idea of the things that you can ask your business lawyer in ChesCo, PA to help you with.
- You can obviously have your business lawyer help you with contracts and disputes when it comes to those contracts.
- Your lawyer can help with real estate issues or business property issues.
- They can help you register your intellectual property, such as copyrights, trademarks, or patents.
- They can help you if you have an “improper use of data” or a security breach of some kind that’s involving things like privacy matters, or information governance issues.
- Does your business have a conflict of sale and purchase of companies, stocks, securities? Your lawyer can help guide you through those issues too.
- Your lawyer can help you ensure you are in compliance with business regulations and other laws that are relevant to your business and industry.
- They can help you register your business structure, register for federal and state tax identification numbers, and necessary licenses that you may need. If you need to be able to transport goods internationally, they’ll help you with that.
Not every business lawyer has the same skill set, so before you hire a lawyer you should ensure that they have the skill set you envision your company needing. There’s also no shame in hiring more than one lawyer later on, if your company grows and you need more than what the one lawyer can handle.
Other Issues Business Lawyers Can Handle
Business lawyers have even more that they can help with, such as transferring ownership or shares in a company to someone else, overseeing the “wind-up” processes (this is the procedures to dissolve a company), helping to adjust to certain changes to law or ownership, ensure the structure of the company is fitted for the company and help change it if they’re not (such as going from an LLC to a C Corp).
Reach out to Hoegen & Associates, P.C. for your business lawy matters today.