Finding The Right Commercial Attorney For Your Business
When you own a business, it’s imperative to have an attorney on hand, whether to draft contracts, handle lawsuits, or for added peace of mind. During the life of your business, there will be many occurrences where having a lawyer on your team will be beneficial. Businesses cannot survive on their own. They require additional professionals that are skilled in other expertises to protect them and help them thrive.
Hoegen & Associates attorneys are professionals in commercial law. With an office in Wilkes-Barre, PA, we serve business owners all over the state of Pennsylvania. Schedule an appointment with a commercial attorney today.
When to Hire an Attorney
The short answer is before you do anything. For example, if you are being sued, you should have an attorney on your team before it happens. No one plans on being sued – it always comes unannounced. If you find yourself being served papers, you will be thankful to already have an attorney that knows your business that you can call. Otherwise, it may be too late, and you’re on your own. Below are additional scenarios where you will want a commercial lawyer’s advisement.
10 Scenarios When to Have an Attorney
- When you are creating contracts
- When you are restructuring your business
- When you have conflicts with employees
- When seeking licenses
- When you need to secure intellectual property
- When shopping for commercial real estate
- When completing taxes
- When creating business strategies and analyzing the risks
- When you need general business counseling
- When you need to create employee policies
What to Look for in an Attorney
Attorneys are not all the same. The specialties can differ from one to the next – not to mention their personality, experience level, and communication skills. That’s why it’s important to research and interview attorneys before picking the one you want to represent your business. You don’t want them only to be experienced but also able to mesh well with you, your business, and your team. Below are a few of the questions you should ask at your meeting.
10 Questions to Ask an Attorney
- How much experience do you have in commercial law?
- Are you willing to educate your clients?
- How do you communicate with clients?
- Can you provide examples of past clients and their industries?
- Will you personally work on my case, or is there someone else?
- Are there any conflicts of interest?
- Do you have entrepreneurial experience?
- What is the fee structure?
- What is your process like?
- Are you willing to go on trial for my business?
At Hoegen & Associates, we are experienced in many facets of commercial law, including:
- Commercial Loan
- Commercial Collections
- Asset Purchase
- Defaulted Loans
Who to Hire in Pennsylvania
In today’s world, meeting in person is not required. As long as you can meet with your attorney virtually, they can be anywhere, just as long as they’re in the same state. Hoegen & Associates is located in Wilkes-Barre, PA, but serves clients across Pennsylvania. Our attorneys are specialists in commercial law. With decades of experience, you will be hard-pressed to find a situation we have not yet encountered. We know Pennsylvania commercial laws like the back of our hand. Call us (click to call, 570-820-3332) to get started with a professional commercial attorney today.