If your company has plans to build a structure, it’s important to get in touch with our land use and zoning lawyer in MontCo, PA. Land and zoning laws can be quite complex in Pennsylvania, and you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A lawyer will ensure that your business is following regulations and provide you with sound legal advice.
Common Types of Land and Zoning Issues
Land use and zoning is intended to classify privately owned property. Zoning disputes can arise from time to time. Here are some of the most common ones to be aware of.
- Commercial signs make a neighborhood look untidy.
- Industrial and commercial properties increase air, water and noise pollution to properties closeby.
- A commercial property’s parking lot is too close to a residential area.
- Homeowners have obstructed views because a commercial building is too tall.
- There is a lack of parking, so patrons will have a difficult time finding space to park their vehicle.
Reasons to Hire a Land Use and Zoning Lawyer
As a business owner, you have a lot of costs on your plate. As such, you may wonder if it’s actually necessary to hire a land use and zoning lawyer or not. Here are some reasons you may want to work with this professional.
- You want to start a new business. If you are planning on starting a business, it’s a wise idea to have a land use and zoning lawyer in MontCo, PA on your size. He or she will make sure that you’re following all the local zoning laws so that you don’t face fines and other repercussions. If your business can’t realistically abide by certain restrictions, your lawyer may be able to help you get a permit to enable them.
- You’re facing a lawsuit. It is very unsettling to find out that someone is pursuing a lawsuit against you if they don’t approve of your land use. In this situation, it is crucial to hire a lawyer. He or she can determine if you actually broke any laws or regulations and advise you the best way to proceed. If you did violate a land use and zoning law, a skilled lawyer can still provide you with a strong defense and possibly reduce some of your penalties.
Schedule a consultation with our land use and zoning lawyer in MontCo, Pa today. At Hoegen & Associates, P.C. we will present your case in a persuasive manner and assure all details are accurately reported.