Call Us Today! 570-820-3332
Write Us a Review
Like Us On Facebook
Find Us On Google

Real Estate Lawyer Poconos, PA

Real Estate Lawyer Poconos, PA

What is Real Estate Law?

real estate lawyer Poconos PAReal estate law is the area of law that governs buying, utilizing and offering land. It’s the law that governs how people get residential or commercial property and what they can do with the property that they own. Property law is likewise called real estate law and the attorneys at Hoegen & Associates, P.C. are knowledgeable in this field. 

Fixtures that are completely on the land like buildings or other big structures are likewise a part of real estate. There are various aspects of property law like deeds, titles, purchase funding, zoning, taxes and estate planning.

Real estate law is state law.

Attorneys who practice realty law need to know the state law that applies to their case. State laws are the primary laws that apply to realty. There are some federal laws that widely apply to realty law throughout the United States like the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act. Nevertheless, the majority of property law originates from state laws. Real estate law can vary considerably from one state to the next. Attorneys in the field need to know how to identify the law that applies and be careful of any subtleties that are unique to state or local law. That is why if you are looking for a real estate lawyer in Poconos, Pennsylvania you reach out to Hoegen & Associates, P.C.

What is a deed in real estate law?

A deed in property law is a file that offers someone a legal right to real property. A deed is the official document that approves an ownership interest in land. Many states have laws that govern how to produce, perform and tape-record a deed. A deed needs to be prepared thoroughly with a clear description of the residential or commercial property and the kind of ownership that the celebrations are transferring.

Sometimes, a deed comes with a pledge that the owner has a legitimate title to the property. A deed with that kind of warranty is called a warranty deed. Other times, a property owner just wants to launch any interest that they may have in a deed if they even have any ownership interest at all. That type of deed is a quitclaim deed.

The kind of deed that you receive is crucial to the type of purchase that you make when you get home. A realty attorney needs to know how to research a title to a residential or commercial property and recommend their client on the type of transaction they’re considering. If a buyer discovers after the fact that the seller doesn’t in fact have the title that they offered, the outcome can be lawsuits and other claims of damages.

Holding title to a home

When a property lawyer works on behalf of a client, they should help their customer satisfy their goals. A couple may want to acquire a home together. The couple should purchase the residential or commercial property as renters by the whole or joint tenants with the right of survivorship. That way, if one spouse dies, the other partner automatically gets their interest in the home. There are some differences between the two kinds of ownership, and a real estate lawyer must assist a couple thoroughly determine if they must own the home as renters by the whole or as joint tenants with right of survivorship.

Another method to own a home with others is for each owner to own an individual share. This type of occupancy is called occupancy in common. An individual who owns property with tenancy in common can mortgage or sell their specific share of the home.

Call Hoegen & Associates, P.C. to talk to one of our real estate lawyers, located in Poconos, PA.